While the attorneys and Mr. Meyer were working out various terms, fees, costs, etc. for selling the cottage to David and the Radke Trust, mother and I made the decision to go to the cottage for one last Christmas. It was clear that the court was not going to make any decisions until later in the year or the beginning of Januaray so, we sent an e-mail to the other owners announcing that the "cottage has been reserved for the Christmas holiday period. Dec. 23, through New Years." The e-mail was sent the latter part of November per our usual procedure for letting the other owners know when the cottage has been "booked". Stu used the cottage over the holidays several years previously and the last time I used the cottages was 1999-2000. I had both cottages filled to the max to celebrate the "big" one. We had a blast. We were warm..(can't remember when the cottage was WINTERIZED, but it was a long, long, long, time ago).
So, on Nov. 26th mother received this e-mail from David: "While you are north, check the fuel oil once in a while. You have 135 gal. now which should be more than enough. If it gets below 75 gal. you should call Fick. Happy thanksgiving all, D"
Ok. That was nice. In the meantime, paperwork flew back and forth, terms and fees were being challenged, nothing yet had been done about an inventory and the distribution of possessions and NO money had changed hands. We were going to the cottage for one last Christmas. Mother and I.